Could you be Citizens Advice Epsom & Ewell’s new volunteer Treasurer?
Citizens Advice Epsom & Ewell (CAEE) is seeking a new treasurer, someone who is passionate about changing things for the better in their local community.
Can you give 5-8 hours per month to help make a positive impact in the Epsom & Ewell borough whilst building on your governance, leadership and strategy skills?
The treasurer is a trustee and works with the CAEE Board, all of whom are volunteers who use their skills, knowledge and experience to help guide and govern the CAEE service, shape strategy and give direction to the organisation.
The treasurer leads the quarterly Finance Committee working with the Finance & Administration Manager. As a trustee, the treasurer works collaboratively with the chair and supports fundraising, grant bids and relevant projects.
Do you have an accounting qualification or demonstrable financial skills and/or experience relevant to the role of treasurer? Do you have a background in or good understanding of the charity, private or public sectors, coupled with general management skills such as strategic planning, business development and financial management?
Deadline for applications is 24 July 2023.
Media enquiries: please contact Louise Curd, Publicity and Fundraising Manager, Citizens Advice Epsom & Ewell, email: firstname.lastname@example.org tel: 01372 300778
For information and advice, contact Citizens Advice Epsom & Ewell on Freephone 0808 278 7963 or visit https://www.caee.org.uk
We give people the knowledge and confidence they need to find their way forward – whoever they are, and whatever their problem.
Notes to editors:
- Citizens Advice is made up of the national charity Citizens Advice; the network of independent local Citizens Advice charities across England and Wales; the Citizens Advice consumer service; and the Witness Service.
- Citizens Advice Epsom & Ewell (CAEE) is a small, local charity offering free advice and information for all who live, work and study in the borough of Epsom & Ewell. All advice is free, confidential, impartial and independent.
- Each year CAEE helps around 3,000 clients with issues such as benefits, housing, debt, fuel poverty, family issues and much more. Our outcomes are extremely positive not only for the clients we serve, but also for the wider community. During 2021/22 we secured income in excess of £900,000 for our clients. Our added value to society totalled £1.2m in fiscal benefits by reducing health service demand and maintaining employment and housing. The wider economic and social benefit of our work during 2021/22 totalled almost £8.4m.
- As a small charity we are responsible for raising our funds. It costs, on average, £60 for each client that we help. To make a donation please visit www.caee.org.uk/donate/ Just £5 per month could enable us to help another client this year.
- To get advice please use our Freephone adviceline 0808 278 7963 or visit our website where you can get advice by email and find details of our drop in service.