Outreach Generalist Adviser
|Job Title||Outreach Generalist Adviser|
|Location||The Old Town Hall, Epsom
(with outreach at locations within Epsom & Ewell)
|Salary||£24,000 – £26,000 FTE
plus 3% employer pension contribution
|Hours per week||Part time (22.5 hours/week – 0.6 FTE)|
|Type of contract||Fixed Term (1 year)|
Citizens Advice Epsom & Ewell is a local charity that provides advice and information for anyone that lives works or studies in Epsom and Ewell.
We deliver our service through as many different channels as we can, to make sure we are accessible to everyone. This includes face to face, phone, video conferencing, and email. The role will involve outreach and is office based but there is opportunity for some hybrid working.
About the Role
We are looking for a self-motivated individual who can work equally well as part of a team or on their own initiative to help us deliver an outreach project across Epsom and Ewell.
You will be delivering Information and Advice on a wide range of issues but primarily on Benefits, Debt and Housing across the community.
You will help promote the service to local stakeholders and partners.
You will have a good knowledge and understanding of advice giving, although this does not have to be within a Citizens Advice setting. We will support the right person through Citizens Advice accredited training.
You will have the ability to support clients in a sensitive but empowering way to help them solve their problems, build resilience and prevent future issues.
Ideally, you’ll have experience of working with clients who present in crisis situations.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to make a difference in people’s lives, supporting some of the most vulnerable people in society – helping them find a way forward.
● Proven ability to interview clients using sensitive listening and questioning skills to get to the root of issues and empower clients, whilst maintaining structure and control of meetings.
● Understanding of the issues affecting society and their implications for the client and service provision.
● Ability to research, analyse and interpret complex information, produce and present clear reports verbally and in writing.
● Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
● Ability to work on your own initiative and monitor and maintain your own standards of work.
● Ability to use telephony and IT systems to deliver services.
● Basic knowledge of one or multiple enquiry areas (i.e. benefit, debt housing).
● A commitment to continuous professional development, including a willingness to develop knowledge and skills in advice topics.
● A good understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion.
● Commitment to work within the aims, principles and policies of the Citizens Advice Service
● Experience of working in an advice setting
● Experience of working with vulnerable people
● Knowledge of Citizens Advice enquiry areas
We value diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination. We encourage and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from people with disabilities and people from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic groups, as they are currently under-represented in our workforce.
|Closing Date||Sunday 4th June|
|Interview Date||Tuesday 13th June|