(Full training provided)
Why you are needed.
Life is complicated and sometimes people encounter challenges and problems that they do not know how to deal with, and they need help. By joining Citizens Advice you will be part of a team of local charities made up of employees and volunteers who provide advice, information, and support to help Surrey residents navigate their challenges.
We are looking for candidates who believe in the Citizens Advice mission and are looking for an opportunity to work in an environment that has a positive impact.
We have 10 new roles across all our Citizens Advice offices in Surrey, which will be pivotal in providing additional support to our telephone service (Adviceline) already being delivered by all of our dedicated teams. You will be office based in one of the offices below and so you will need to select the office you wish to work for within the application form:
- Surrey Heath
- Elmbridge (West)
- Epsom & Ewell
- Mole Valley
- Reigate & Banstead
- Runnymede & Spelthorne
- South West Surrey – (Guildford, Ash and Waverley)
How you will make an impact:
- You will be the main point of access for clients and provides first response to the full range of advice issues such as benefits, debt, housing, employment, family and immigration.
- You will explore the client’s issue and decide on the appropriate next steps which could be making an appointment with a caseworker or signposting to another agency.
- You will look out for problems that are common, or are unfair, and raise awareness.
We recruit great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it is the right thing to do, but because it makes our organisation stronger. So, even if you think you do not meet all the skills listed below, we would still love to hear from you!
Skills that will help you:
- Ability to interview clients using sensitive listening and questioning skills
- Ability to research, analyse and interpret complex information
- Ability to understand statistics and check accuracy of calculations
- Ability to use a variety of IT/digital systems and packages
- Commitment to delivering high quality service
- Open to continual learning and training as required by the role
- Understanding of the issues affecting society and their implications for clients
Why join us:
- Opportunity to be a changemaker
- Wonderful team joined together in a common aim
- Excellent opportunity for continual training that could lead to future opportunities
- £22,000 – £26,000 (pro rata for part time), depending on experience (trainees considered)
The Citizens Advice service values diversity promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We encourage and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from disabled and Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic people.
For more information and contact details, see the job pack.