Working as a Trustee
Trustees have the skills, knowledge and experience to help guide and govern our service, shape strategy and give direction to the organisation. This includes making sure that the charity is:
- Doing what it was set-up to do, such as offering high quality advice services to the local community.
- Complying with the law, including upkeep of premises, insurance, recruitment and equipment.
- Securing money to meet current and new demands, and ensuring that all funds are used responsibly.
- Recognised and valued by local organisations, funders and people, who are aware of the vital service Citizens Advice Epsom & Ewell provides locally.
We are looking for candidates who can:
- Commit themselves to the principles and policies of Citizens Advice Epsom & Ewell.
- Act in the best interests of the charity.
- Understand and accept their responsibilities and liabilities as trustees and employers.
- Communicate effectively and participate actively in discussion.
- Use their knowledge and experience to provide constructive challenge and generate new ideas and opportunities.
- Think creatively and strategically and exercise independent judgement.
- Work effectively as part of a team.