Research & Campaigns
We maintain a detailed database of the reasons why each person comes to us and their situation together with what we did to help them, together with cases we see as injustices and raise as such. We would like to increase our understanding of our data, whether as local trend or as part of the national Citizens Advice social research. To do this, we need a volunteer analyst and a volunteer researcher to work with our Research & Campaigns Co-ordinator on analysing and understanding the data we collect. This is really exciting work for someone interested in social science or qualitative research.
You need to be available on a fairly regular basis for about 4-6 hours a week, with experience of or exposure to data handling. Attention to detail and accuracy are important, as are strong computer skills – in particular you need to be familiar with Word, Excel, email, with exposure to large data management systems a bonus. An interest in Citizens Advice and commitment to its aims and principles is a must.
The Volunteer Social Research Analyst role includes:
- monitoring trends in enquiries
- identifying issues for potential local or national research and campaigns work
- interrogating our data in response to specific objectives we want to research
- producing written reports on any of the above, as required
The Volunteer Social Researcher role includes:
- Investigating relevant external research, such as county social reports, and using this to keep us informed
- Using our mapping tools to set the clients issues that we see into a local context
- Analysing our issues datasets to identify local patterns and trends
- Designing satisfaction surveys for clients
- Designing surveys for our campaign work
- Preparing presentations, displays and reports to show these results
If you are interested in volunteering you can Apply Online, or you can Download the Application Form, fill it in, and send a printed copy to: Citizens Advice Epsom & Ewell, The Old Town Hall, The Parade, Epsom, KT18 5AG.
If you would like to chat about things before applying, you can express your interest online and we will get back to you by phone or email.