Volunteer Reception and Admin Support
This key role helps ensure the smooth running and organisation of the bureau. The receptionist is often the first point of contact for our clients..
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- greeting clients and other visitors
- monitoring the CCTV of the waiting room from the main office
- operating the reception area, liaising between clients and advisers
- monitoring client numbers and waiting times
- maintaining the reception area
- typing letters and memos.
- creating forms and posters
- entering information into our computer systems
- photocopying, scanning and laminating
- answering the telephone, taking messages where appropriate
- contacting clients to remind them of appointments
- ordering stationery and other necessary items
- ordering and organising leaflets
Confidentiality within the reception area, as elsewhere, is essential. Client matters are not discussed in the waiting room and it is not the receptionist’s role to assist clients with their enquiries
We are currently looking for people to cover Monday (all day), Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon sessions which are 1pm till 4pm.
Individuals as well as undertaking reception duties will be asked to undertake some Admin duties when Reception is not busy
If you are interested in volunteering you can Apply Online, or you can Download the Application Form, fill it in, and send a printed copy to: Citizens Advice Epsom & Ewell, The Old Town Hall, The Parade, Epsom, KT18 5AG.
If you would like to chat about things before applying, you can express your interest online and we will get back to you by phone or email.