We have around 70 volunteers, and we need to take on about 12 each year to maintain this level. Additionally, we have a small number of paid staff, although this is growing as we take on additional paid projects. The entire staff base has to be administered well, which takes an increasing amount of effort, and we would like to find a volunteer to work with our Business Support and Chief Executive Officer to help us run our HR function.
You need to be available on a regular basis for about one day a week and have experience of maintaining HR/personnel records. You need to be self-motivated and organised and able to maintain confidentiality. Attention to detail and accuracy are important, as are good computer skills – in particular you need to be familiar with Word and Excel and able to use email. An interest in Citizens Advice and commitment to its aims and principles is a must.
The post holder will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Maintaining routine HR filing (paper and electronic)
- Tracking leave and training and maintain records
- Assisting with the recruitment process, especially preparing and filing the documentation
- Managing the requesting of references for all roles
- Assisting with the starter and leaver processes, especially preparing and filing the documentation
- Assisting with the preparation of standard templated documents, such as letters and contracts
If you are interested in volunteering you can Apply Online, or you can Download the Application Form, fill it in, and send a printed copy to: Citizens Advice Epsom & Ewell, The Old Town Hall, The Parade, Epsom, KT18 5AG.
If you would like to chat about things before applying, you can express your interest online and we will get back to you by phone or email.