Fundraising Events Coordinator
Although we receive some grant funding this does not cover our costs and we are increasingly reliant on donations and fundraising events. We need someone with ideas and energy to help us raise money.
The post holder is responsible for ensuring the following tasks:
- Assisting in the planning and management of events such as fundraising and publicity events
- Assisting in obtaining resources for the service. This could be money, raffle prizes, help in kind or equipment
- Monitoring the success of events held and feeding back lessons learnt for next time
- Researching the viability of events e.g. in shopping centres or at fetes
- Researching and suggesting new events that the bureau could hold
What are we looking for?
You need to be available on a fairly regular basis for about 4 hours a week, with experience of co-ordinating small scale projects (ideally in fundraising, but experience in similar community projects would probably translate very well). The most important thing is enthusiasm, coupled with strong communications skills, self-motivation and organising skills.
Attention to detail and accuracy are important, as are good computer skills – in particular you need to be familiar with Word and Excel and able to use email.
An interest in Citizens Advice and commitment to its aims and principles is a must.
We are located in the Old Town Hall, Epsom.
Ideal for someone local to Epsom, but travel expenses can be claimed.
We are local to public transport and shops.
If you are interested in volunteering you can Apply Online, or you can Download the Application Form, fill it in, and send a printed copy to: Citizens Advice Epsom & Ewell, The Old Town Hall, The Parade, Epsom, KT18 5AG.
If you would like to chat about things before applying, you can express your interest online and we will get back to you by phone or email.