Administrative Support Workers
There are a number of roles carried out by the Administrative Support Workers in the bureau. The hours that volunteers can offer to help vary, from some able to give 2 hours of their time on a regular basis, to others who regularly provide more than 10 hours.
All volunteers are offered training and induction for their role and adhere to the Citizens Advice confidentiality policy.
The administrative support role includes:
- Preparing documents from handwritten notes on a computer using Word
- Assisting the Manager with Petty Cash, using Excel spreadsheet
- Assisting with accounts payable
- Processing Advisers’ expenses claim forms
- Stock control and ordering of general stationery and other supplies for the office
- Filing and other clerical tasks, as and when required.
The Support Worker role includes:
- Ensuring stocks of standard forms are available for advisers
- Shredding of confidential documents
- Assisting session supervisors with reception of clients
- Working with the Local Information System Coordinator, checking and updating the system
- Checking and ordering information leaflets and reference books.
If you are interested in volunteering you can Apply Online, or you can Download the Application Form, fill it in, and send a printed copy to: Citizens Advice Epsom & Ewell, The Old Town Hall, The Parade, Epsom, KT18 5AG.
If you would like to chat about things before applying, you can express your interest online and we will get back to you by phone or email.