Project Wenceslas: enabling local people to support those struggling to pay fuel bills this winter
For the seventh year running, Citizens Advice Epsom & Ewell (CAEE) has teamed up with the Rotary Clubs of Epsom and Ewell to bring much needed support to those in the borough in need of help with paying fuel bills this winter.
Project Wenceslas enables those who receive, but do not need, the Government’s Winter Fuel Payment to donate it to either Rotary Club of Epsom or Rotary Club of Ewell. This money will be distributed to people in critical need of assistance with energy bills, much needed during the Cost of Living crisis. All monies donated are redistributed 100% without any deductions for costs or expenses.
Lisa Davis, CEO, Citizens Advice Epsom & Ewell, said:
“With energy bills still the biggest cost-of-living worry for many individuals and families across the country, this fund is a crucial support for those in our borough. Please get in touch if either you want to donate your Winter Fuel Payment, or you are in need of support.”
Since January 2018, CAEE has received nearly £15,000 in donations and made over 170 payments to families in Epsom & Ewell suffering from fuel poverty.
If you would like to know more about donating your Winter Fuel Payment, please contact via the websites epsomrotary.uk or ewellrotaryclub.org.uk and search for Project Wenceslas.
If you are struggling with fuel bills, then contact Citizens Advice Epsom & Ewell on 0808 278 7963 (Mon-Fri, 10am – 4pm) or see our website : www.caee.org.uk
Media enquiries: please contact Louise Curd, Publicity and Fundraising Manager, Citizens Advice Epsom & Ewell, email: firstname.lastname@example.org tel: 01372 300778
For information and advice, contact Citizens Advice Epsom & Ewell on Freephone 0808 278 7963 or visit https://www.caee.org.uk
We give people the knowledge and confidence they need to find their way forward – whoever they are, and whatever their problem.
Notes to editors:
- Citizens Advice is made up of the national charity Citizens Advice; the network of independent local Citizens Advice charities across England and Wales; the Citizens Advice consumer service; and the Witness Service.
- Citizens Advice Epsom & Ewell (CAEE) is a small, local charity offering free advice and information for all who live, work and study in the borough of Epsom & Ewell. All advice is free, confidential, impartial and independent.
- Each year CAEE helps around 3,000 clients with issues such as benefits, housing, debt, fuel poverty, family issues and much more. Our outcomes are extremely positive not only for the clients we serve, but also for the wider community. During 2022/23 we secured income in excess of £1,000,000 for our clients. Our added value to society totalled £1.2m in fiscal benefits by reducing health service demand and maintaining employment and housing. The wider economic and social benefit of our work during 2022/23 totalled almost £8.4m.
- As a small charity we are responsible for raising our funds. It costs, on average, £100 for each client that we help. To make a donation please visit www.caee.org.uk/donate/ – £10 per month could enable us to help another client this year.
- To get advice please use our Freephone adviceline 0808 278 7963 or visit our website where you can get advice by email and find details of our drop in service.