The purpose of the Trustee Board is to maintain and develop the Epsom & Ewell Citizens Advice service in order to meet the needs of the local community.
Members of the Trustee Board are responsible to the Charity Commission, funders and donors, and the local community. Their main duties are :
- Setting the strategy and policies of the organisation, and ensuring participation in Citizens Advice policy making through the democratic process
- Ensuring that the service meets Citizens Advice standards and that the needs of the local community are being adequately met
- Monitoring the financial position of the organisation and ensuring that it operates within its means
- Supporting the development of the organisation through participation in agreed projects
- Actively seeking to further the strategic objectives of the bureau
- Undertaking all necessary employment functions relating to staff members and ensuring that bureau training and development policy is adequate to meet the needs of staff.
See also Trustee Role Description
If you are interested in volunteering you can Apply Online, or you can Download the Application Form, fill it in, and send a printed copy to: Citizens Advice Epsom & Ewell, The Old Town Hall, The Parade, Epsom, KT18 5AG.
If you would like to chat about things before applying, you can express your interest online and we will get back to you by phone or email.