Digital Support Adviser
Our Digital Support Advisers will help clients to complete forms online where the client either does not have access to a computer, or does not have the skills or confidence to use one. On occasions you may be asked to help clients complete a paper form. This help could either be given over the phone or face to face.
Some examples of what you could do:
- Help a client complete an online application for Council Tax Income Discount
- Help a client apply online for a blue badge
- Explain to a client how to pay a bill online
- Help a client switch Energy providers
Specific qualifications or experience are not required to be a Digital Support Adviser.
You need to:
- have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- have good listening skills
- be friendly and approachable
- have a good manner when talking to people, both face to face and on the phone
- have basic maths and IT skills
- be non-judgmental and respect views, values and cultures that are different to your own
- enjoy helping people
- be able to understand information and explain it to others
- be willing to learn about and follow the Citizens Advice aims, principles and policies, including confidentiality and data protection
- be willing to undertake training in your role
Full training is provided as well as ongoing support and supervision
If you are interested in volunteering you can Apply Online, or download the Application Form print, complete and post to: Citizens Advice Epsom & Ewell, The Old Town Hall, The Parade, Epsom, KT18 5AG.
If you would like to chat about things before applying, you can express your interest online and we will get back to you by phone or email.