Energy saving tips: Five ways to cut costs this winter
Published today:: some excellent BBC advice on saving money by saving energy. Click to BBC News for clear detail on each point.
- Using the thermostat and timer to take control of your heating settings could save you about £150
- Reducing your combi boiler flow temperature to 60C could save you about £100
- Installing a water-efficient showerhead or having showers in four minutes could save you about £90
- Turning down radiator valves in less-used rooms could save you about £70
- Draught-proofing your doors, windows, chimneys and floors could save you up to £215