Citizens Advice Epsom & Ewell to Go the Extra Mile for our community
On Sunday May 14 2023, staff, volunteers and friends of Citizens Advice Epsom & Ewell will be walking, skipping, riding or rolling to raise funds to help those in need in the community. Join them for a 5- or 10-mile walk in the countryside around Epsom, Surrey and help them meet their target.
Lisa Davis, CEO of CAEE, said:
“We are walking the extra mile to raise £6,000 so we can support and give independent advice to people, families, neighbours, young and old, who need our help. It costs, on average, £60 across a year for each client that we help. Raising £6,000 could enable us to help another 100 clients this year.”
The cost of living crisis is having a devastating impact on people in the Epsom and Ewell borough. As food costs and energy bills rise, families are struggling to make ends meet. Every day Citizens Advice advisers go the extra mile for clients, to help them solve the problems they face.
Please do join CAEE on Sunday 14 May 2023 to walk, skip, ride or roll those extra steps and raise a few extra much-needed pounds for Citizens Advice Epsom & Ewell with Go the Extra Mile – a walking event that’s a little extra challenging and a little extra fun!
Register now for a self-guided 5- or 10-mile walk around Epsom. Entry is £5 per adult and children are free.
All entrants are encouraged to gain as much sponsorship as possible. You may wish to set yourself a target of £60, compete with your friends to see who can raise the most or even in fancy dress! Please register via our Eventbrite page and visit the CAEE Just Giving page to donate or set up a fundraising page to attract sponsors. Alternatively you can download a sponsor form from the CAEE website where there is further information about the event.
Media enquiries: please contact Louise Curd, Publicity and Fundraising Manager, Citizens Advice Epsom & Ewell, email: firstname.lastname@example.org tel: 01372 300778
For information and advice, contact Citizens Advice Epsom & Ewell on Freephone 0808 278 7963 or visit https://www.caee.org.uk
We give people the knowledge and confidence they need to find their way forward – whoever they are, and whatever their problem.
Notes to editors:
- Photo attached with logos.
- Citizens Advice is made up of the national charity Citizens Advice; the network of independent local Citizens Advice charities across England and Wales; the Citizens Advice consumer service; and the Witness Service.
- Citizens Advice Epsom & Ewell (CAEE) is a small, local charity offering free advice and information for all who live, work and study in the borough of Epsom & Ewell. All advice is free, confidential, impartial and independent.
- Each year CAEE helps around 3,000 clients with issues such as benefits, housing, debt, fuel poverty, family issues and much more. Our outcomes are extremely positive not only for the clients we serve, but also for the wider community. During 2021/22 we secured income in excess of £900,000 for our clients. Our added value to society totalled £1.2m in fiscal benefits by reducing health service demand and maintaining employment and housing. The wider economic and social benefit of our work during 2021/22 totalled almost £8.4m.
- As a small charity we are responsible for raising our funds. It costs, on average, £60 for each client that we help. To make a donation please visit www.caee.org.uk/donate/ Just £5 per month could enable us to help another client this year.
- To get advice please use our Freephone adviceline 0808 278 7963 or visit our website where you can get advice by email and find details of our drop in service.